Jobs with Link4life
- Category: Jobs
Thank you for showing an interest in working for Link4Life. All our current vacancies are listed below.
For each vacancy you will see a brief description of the job and a more detailed job description and person specification. These are important documents and you will be required to refer to them when making your application.
All applications must be made on our official application form. We do not accept CVs.
Applications for vacancies will be accepted on the closing date only and late applications will not be accepted.
If you have any queries contact our HR Team. This page is updated on a regular basis, so please check back at a later date for new vacancies.
Cleaning Operatives - Various Locations
- Category: Jobs
Friday 24 May 2013
L1313 - Casual Cleaning Operatives x 5 – Various Locations
L1314 - Cleaning Operative – 8 hours per weekend – Middleton Arena
L1315 - Cleaning Operative – 16 hours per week – Middleton Arena
L1316 - Cleaning Operative – 10 hours per week – Heywood Sports Village
L1323 – Cleaning Operative – 30 hours per week – Middleton Arena
Posts requires days, evenings and weekend working required according to the needs of the service.
Rochdale Boroughwide Cultural Trust trading as Link4Life, an independent company limited by guarantee (a registered charity) with a trading subsidiary company was set up on 1 April 2007 to provide Sport and Leisure and Cultural Services including Arts and Heritage, on behalf of Rochdale Metropolitan Borough Council under a 15 year Partnership Agreement.
The Estates Department of Link4Life are looking to recruit cleaning and housekeeping staff to work on a casual and permanent basis.
The successful candidates must be able to work on a flexible basis, be customer focused and well presented. Only candidates aged 18 and over should apply. Experience of cleaning would be preferable.
Undertake cleaning duties whilst maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness within the areas of responsibility in accordance with the Foundations cleaning specifications and schedules.
- Scrubbing down of showers, wet change and thermal suites
- Cleaning of all changing areas
- Empty waste bins, remove rubbish and take to designated outside bin compound
- Dust and polish desk and table tops
- Wash down all painted surfaces
- Clean and remove all smears from glass areas/windows internally
- Pick up litter and hoover carpet areas
- Clean all toilet areas
- Sweep and mop hard floor areas
- Operate various equipment as required
- Inspect cleaning equipment, including empty and clean hoovers, and report any required replacements or repairs to the Team Leader or Housekeeping/Cleaning Supervisor
- Be vigilant and report any repairs, damage and breakages that become apparent during cleaning to the Team Leader or Housekeeping/Cleaning Supervisor
- Attend Team Meetings as required
- Attend relevant training courses internally or externally to update skills and for the benefit of both parties
- Comply with and promote the Foundation's Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and maintain a safe environment for staff and visitors ensuring that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons
- Be aware of COSHH regulations required for the cleaning products being used
- To take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all within the leisure centres
- Carry out Housekeeping Duties in other Link 4 Life buildings when required
- Undertake any other reasonable duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Centre Managers, Duty Managers, Duty Officers, Cleaning Supervisors, Estates Department.
Uniform and safety shoes provided.
Please state on application form which job reference you are applying for.
For an informal discussion, please contact Samantha Agnew, Helpdesk Manager on 07814 928687.
Appointment to these posts is subject to Criminal Record and pre-employment checks.
Closing date for the above posts: Friday 24 May 2013
See details above for how to apply.