- Category: Visit
Set beneath hills and wild moorland at the edge of the Pennines, the borough's beautiful landscape is dissected by tranquil waterways and lakes where you can explore a world of adventure. There's an absorbing heritage to discover too.
What's On at Touchstones Rochdale
Exhibitions at Touchstones Rochdale
Tour de France
On Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 July 2014 Le Tour de France will be visiting the area. The Tour will travel through Rochdale Borough on Sunday 6 July. The route will pass through Rochdale at Blackstone Edge turning left from Turvin Road (B6138) onto Rochdale Road (A58).
- To find out about where to stay visit Accommodation.
- To find out more about the amazing things to see and do in the borough visit What to See and Do.
Rochdale Visitor Centre can help you discover for yourself the unique charms of the borough. Located in Touchstones Rochdale the Visitor Information Centre is part of the national network of centres approved by Visit Britain.
Friendly, knowledgeable staff at the centre will be happy to advise you on things to do and see, how to get about and where to stay.
Tuesday to Saturday 10am-5pm
Bank Holiday Fridays 12noon-4.30pm
Services available include:
- Accommodation bookings, local and nationwide with a free 'Book-a-bed-ahead' service which allows accommodation bookings 24 hours in advance in other towns and cities.
- Local area information on family friendly activities, heritage attractions, walking, cycling and countryside events, shopping and eating out.
- Visitor guides and holiday information across the UK
- Tickets for local theatre productions and local events.
- Group Travel - Visitor Information can help you decide which attractions to visit, make the bookings for you, arrange coach parking for your visit to Rochdale town centre and suggest places to eat and drink. For more infomation visit our.
The centre is also the starting point for the Rochdale Heritage Trail. Pick up a leaflet and discover the fascinating built heritage of Rochdale town centre.
Take a virtual tour around Rochdale Town Hall.
Other facilities at Touchstones Rochdale include:
Rochdale Borough Council have approved the proposal to withdraw the council's service level agreement for the running of the café on 31 March 2013. Link4Life are exploring other options for the Café, which could include looking at operating a more economical alternative Café facility at Touchstones. As a result the Café will be closed temporarily from 31 March 2013.
The shop at Touchstones Rochdale stocks local history publications and maps, local souvenirs and postcards, local crafts and jewellery, unique gifts, children's pocket money toys and much more.
Free Internet Access
Come along and surf the net with free Internet access available to visitors.
The Borough of Rochdale has a selection of accommodation to suit all tastes and budgets, whether you prefer a large hotel in the centre of a town to a cosy B&B. Alternatively if you love the great outdoors the area has some excellent campsites to choose from.
For accommodation details and other sites of interest please visit the links below:
Bed & Breakfast
- Premier Inn Rochdale
- Premier Inn Manchester North (Middleton)
- Travelodge Manchester M62 Birch Eastbound Hotel
- Travelodge Manchester M62 Birch Westbound Hotel