- Category: Visit
Set beneath hills and wild moorland at the edge of the Pennines, the borough's beautiful landscape is dissected by tranquil waterways and lakes where you can explore a world of adventure. There's an absorbing heritage to discover too.
What's On at Touchstones Rochdale
Exhibitions at Touchstones Rochdale
Bloom - Heritage Gallery - 16 February 2013 - Spring 2014
Sea - Gallery Two - 23 March 2013 - 8 March 2014
Lynn Setterington: Please Sign Here - Gallery Three - 14 December 2013 – 8 March 2014
Jill Randall: Place / Displace - Gallery Four 14 December 2013 – 8 March 2014
I Say It As I See It - Gallery One 23 November 2013 - 22 February 2014
Landscapes of the Mind - 1 March - 31 May 2014
Talking Heads - 24 May 2014 - 18 April 2015
Four Seasons on One Day 22 March 2014 - 7 March 2015
Bureau: In Conversation - 5 April - 14 June 2014
Yan Preston: He - River Together - 5 April - 14 June 2014
Art Makes Children Powerful - 7 June - 23 August 2014
People's Art 2014 - 5 July - 6 September 2014
Natalie Giannikitzakis: Act Naturally - 30 August - 8 November 2014
Tour de France
On Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 July 2014 Le Tour de France will be visiting the area. The Tour will travel through Rochdale Borough on Sunday 6 July. The route will pass through Rochdale at Blackstone Edge turning left from Turvin Road (B6138) onto Rochdale Road (A58).
- To find out about where to stay visit Accommodation.
- To find out more about the amazing things to see and do in the borough visit What to See and Do.
Rochdale Visitor Centre can help you discover for yourself the unique charms of the borough. Located in Touchstones Rochdale the Visitor Information Centre is part of the national network of centres approved by Visit Britain.
Friendly, knowledgeable staff at the centre will be happy to advise you on things to do and see, how to get about and where to stay.
Tuesday to Saturday 10am-5pm
Bank Holiday Fridays 12noon-4.30pm
Services available include:
- Accommodation bookings, local and nationwide with a free 'Book-a-bed-ahead' service which allows accommodation bookings 24 hours in advance in other towns and cities.
- Local area information on family friendly activities, heritage attractions, walking, cycling and countryside events, shopping and eating out.
- Visitor guides and holiday information across the UK
- Tickets for local theatre productions and local events.
- Group Travel - Visitor Information can help you decide which attractions to visit, make the bookings for you, arrange coach parking for your visit to Rochdale town centre and suggest places to eat and drink. For more infomation visit our.
The centre is also the starting point for the Rochdale Heritage Trail. Pick up a leaflet and discover the fascinating built heritage of Rochdale town centre.
Take a virtual tour around Rochdale Town Hall.
Other facilities at Touchstones Rochdale include:
Cafe Life opened to the public on Wednesday 29 January 2014 and is operated by Pure Innovations.
The shop at Touchstones Rochdale stocks local history publications and maps, local souvenirs and postcards, local crafts and jewellery, unique gifts, children's pocket money toys and much more.
Free Internet Access
Come along and surf the net with free Internet access available to visitors.
The Borough of Rochdale has a selection of accommodation to suit all tastes and budgets, whether you prefer a large hotel in the centre of a town to a cosy B&B. Alternatively if you love the great outdoors the area has some excellent campsites to choose from.
For accommodation details and other sites of interest please visit the links below:
Bed & Breakfast
- Fernhill Fernhill Lane, Rochdale OL12 6BW
- Gelderwood Touring Caravan Site and Country Park Ashworth Road, Rochdale OL11 5UP
- Holingworth Lake Caravan Park Roundhouse Farm, Hollingworth Lake, Littleborough OL15 0AT
- Best Western Broadfield Park Sparrow Hill, Rochdale OL16 1AF
- Mecure Norton Grange Hotel and Spa Manchester Road, Castleton, Rochdale OL11 2XZ
- Hollingworth Lake B&B 164 Smithy Bridge Road, Littleborough, Rochdale OL15 0DB
- Leighton House 1 Leighton Avenue, Hollingworth Lake, Littleborough, Rochdale OL15 0BW
- Moss Lodge Kings Road, Rochdale OL16 5HW
- Swing Cottage 31 Lake Bank, Hollingworth Lake, Littleborough, Rochdale OL15 0DQ
- Three Gates Farm B&B Stakehill Lane, Middleton M24 2RT
- Hunters Rest 66 Syke Road, Syke, Rochdale OL12 9TD
- The Rake Blackstone Edge Old Road, Littleborough, Rochdale OL15 0JX
- Butterworth Hall 31 Butterworth Hall, Milnrow, Rochdale Ol16 3PE
- Far Wicken Hall Farm Huddersfield Road, Newhey, Rochdale OL16 3TJ
- Fielden Farm Blackstone Edge, Littleborough, Rochdale OL15 0JN
- Hindle Pastures Highgate Lane, Whitworth, Rochdale OL12 0TS
- Pennine Cottage 1 Pennine Cottage, Bent Head Farm, Wardle, Rochdale OL12 9PL
- The Oak Cottage Annis Hill Farm, Kiln Lane, Milnrow, Rochdale OL16 3TR
- The Potting Shed Wildhouse Court, Milnrow, Rochdale OL16 3UU
- Premier Inn Rochdale Newhey Road, Milnrow, Rochdale OL16 4JF
- Premier Inn Manchester North (Middleton) 818 Manchester Old Road, Rhodes, Middleton M24 4RF
- Travelodge Manchester M62 Birch Eastbound Hotel Moto Service Area Birch M62 Motorway, Heywood OL12 2QH
- Travelodge Manchester M62 Birch Westbound Hotel Moto Service Area Birch M62 Motorway, Heywood OL12 2QH